Thursday, September 13, 2007

Design inspiration


So, when we were first given our show & tell assignment, I wasn't sure what I would like to share with everyone. Part of the problem is that most of my personal belongings are currently in storage since I am in the middle of moving. BUT, after a few days of pondering what I'd like to share, this is what I have come up with.

I'm sure mostly everyone has passed by the Smyth Jewelry billboard on I-83 at some point or another. You know, the one where Natty Boh is proposing to the Utz girl. It appeals to me for a few reasons. While completing my undergraduate degree I had an internship at Clear Channel Outdoor where I got to actually work on billboard designs. So I can appreciate the work that goes into billboard design, as well as the fact that it is just really clever. The first time I drove past it I think I almost got into an accident because I couldn't stop staring.

Really clean, simple, and well thought out designs inspire me. It's one of those designs that leave a lasting impression, and it makes me aspire to create great designs myself. So there it is.

No comments: